- Are you the parent or guardian of youth/young adult between the ages of 12 and 18 who has an intellectual/developmental disability (IDD)?
- Do you check your Facebook account at least weekly?
- Do you wonder about the future for your youth/young adult including employment and daily living? Are you interested in learning how to take steps to make your vision a reality?
If so, the Family Life Course Group might be for you!
Family LifeCourse Group participants will receive:
- Information and resources delivered on a monthly basis from Charting the LifeCourse: Daily Life and Employment to support the development of a vision for future employment.
- Weekly outreach via a closed Facebook group. This includes tools, resources, and video that go with aspects of the LifeCourse toolkit.
- Opportunities to connect with other parents of youth/young adults with IDD via this private Facebook Group to share ideas and challenges.
- Opportunities to build face-to-face relationships with each other and with a content expert through facilitated monthly virtual discussions or video chats.
- Access to experts in employment and LifeCourse content.
Charting the LifeCourse Family Group participants will be expected to:
- Commit to receiving information over the course of 6 months
- Join the private Facebook group and participate in online discussions as you feel comfortable.
- Join the monthly video chat.
- Complete a 10-minute survey once at the beginning of the group and again at the end.
- Perhaps be asked to participate in a pre-scheduled 30-minute phone call at the end of the project to share your experiences.
- Have fun, build a positive vision for the future of your youth/young adult, and take steps to begin to implement actions to meet your goals!